I am thankful for the many who visit this site. As I review the stats from the past year, I am humbled by the many who use this resource. 2016 was a year of change for Awana. There was a change in the CEO of Awana along with changes to the curriculum for T&T and Journey. The stats reflect that these are the issues that many were interested.
The website was visited from over 120 countries, tens of thousands of visits, and a weekly e-mail that is sent out to around 1,300 e-mail addresses.
Here are some lists of the top posts and pages of 2016…
The Top 6 Blog Posts of 2016
- My Thoughts on the CEO Transition at Awana
- Why I Walked Away from Awana
- My Thoughts on the Update to T&T
- The Aetherlight: Is it Biblical?
- Grace in Action vs. Ultimate Adventure 1
- Awana Record-keeping Update for the 2016-17 Year
The Top 5 Pages Visited
These were the same as 2015 which shows what Awana leaders find consistently important.
The Top 5 Archived Posts
- End of the Year Program Idea – Smarter than… (2014)
- The Problem with Awana (2014)
- How to Prepare for Bible Quizzing (2014)
- The Electra-Tarp Awana Game Floor (2011, updated w/ comments)
- Is the Harry Moon Book Series Christian? (2015)
What will 2017 hold?
Again this year, I will be blogging from the Children’s Pastors’ Conference, the CMConference, and the Awana Youth Ministries Summit (if you are at any of these events, let me know and say HI!). I will be blogging about the Awana Vantage Conference as well as keeping you updated with the what’s happening in Awana and other general children’s ministry info. I am also scheduled to be at a couple of the Awana Ministry Conferences coming up in the late summer, early fall. I hope to see many at those conferences.
It has been a good year, and I am looking forward to seeing what God will do with this ministry in the upcoming year. Thank you for being a part. I pray that this site, this ministry, has been a blessing to you.