Cubbies Update News
Exciting improvements are coming to the Cubbies program in fall 2013! Our program designers are working diligently along with an advisory team of Cubbies leaders and trainers from across the country. Their goal is to develop the best curriculum possible to help build a biblical foundation of faith in your preschoolers. Awana will test and evaluate the entire updated curriculum in 100 Cubbies clubs before its launch.
Here are some of the highlights:
What’s staying the same?
- As expected, Cubbies will stay centered on the gospel. Scripture memory will continue to be key in helping preschoolers hide God’s Word in their hearts.
- Parent involvement will remain an essential and emphasized element. Handbooks will include activities for parents to work on with their children.
- Our friend Cubbie Bear will stay, with a cute new look.
- Cubbies will continue to learn key Bible stories from the Old and New Testament.
- The beloved blue vests stay! There will be new award outlines, however. Cubbies T-shirts will also be available as an alternative.
- Extra learning will still be available for motivated Cubbies in the Under the Apple Tree activities. Handbooks will contain both short and longer, more challenging versions of each verse.
- The club meeting will still have main time segments of Story Time, Book Time and Play Time. We will also give ideas for the optional segments of Coming-in Time, Starting Time, Snack Time and Going-Home Time.
- Puppets! We know how much the kids love them. They’ll still be a big part of Cubbies – just with new names and faces!
- We love Total Time Teaching (TTT)! TTT reinforces Bible teaching by coordinating all activities of a Cubbies club meeting around the lesson theme. We will work hard to make lesson activities both practical for you and fun for preschoolers. We’ll even throw in some great games and snacks that you can use with any lesson theme!
What will be improved?
- The new curriculum will be more versatile to meet the developmental and spiritual needs of today’s preschoolers. You’ll find new visual and idea options that better fit your church setting.
- You and your Cubbies will love the exciting new theme! All of the program elements will work together nicely within it.
- Just wait until you meet Cubbie Bear’s new friends! They fit perfectly with the new theme and make it all the more fun for the clubbers. Stay tuned for more details!
- The teaching content and outline (scope and sequence) will more intentionally focus on the Modern-Day Joseph Master Life Thread of Respect. Joseph of Genesis is an ideal target for how we want our kids to grow spiritually and morally.
- We will offer new Story Time visual aids for the teacher, including large teaching cards and optional digital projection slides.
- The vest awards will fit the new theme and have an even stronger kid-appeal.
- We will include additional small-club and large-club ideas for crafts, songs, games, Handbook Time activities, snacks and coming-in activities.
- Each Cubbies handbook will include a CD with Cubbies character stories and audio versions of the memory verses. Plus we’ll provide downloadable resources for parents and a resource CD for teachers. Many other media and digital options are in the works.
Clubbers should work in the current Jumper materials for the 2011-2012 ministry year and the current Hopper materials for 2012-2013. Both handbooks will be available through spring 2013.
If you have any questions or comments, please email email@example.com.