By Katherine Cooper
- Begins before club night!
- Pray for each Clubber before class and during the week
- Know your handbook!
- Be familiar with the handbooks and requirements
- Work through the handbooks with the clubbers
- Challenge them!
- Outside club—5 Minute Challenge
- Train them!
- Spiritual Success
- Let aggressive clubbers help other clubbers who don’t have help at home,
- Build self-esteem
- Work together—team concepts
- They will do what they see you do.
PURPOSE OF HANDBOOK TIME
- Memorize God;s Word.
- Grow Spiritually—Greatest Computer is the human brain
- Understand and apply God’s Word.
- Learn how to apply what you learn.
- Get them to finish their handbooks.
- Challenge clubbers
- Get to know your clubbers.
- Call clubbers on birthdays and special days.
- Encourage your clubbers.
- Praise for memory, not flattery.
- Absent— Phone and simply say “We missed you,”
- If having trouble with Handbook, offer help.
GOALS FOR HANDBOOK TIME
- See every clubber legitimately saved.
- See every clubber grow spiritually (finish handbooks). A completed handbook alone, is not a sign of spiritual growth.
- See them bare fruit (reproduce themselves as Christians).
- Teach them to set goals for themselves and how to achieve them.
PROBLEM AREAS OF HANDBOOK TIME
- Getting parents help.
- Relationship between parents
- Introduce yourself to clubbers parents—first name basis
- Leader/Clubber ratio.
- Keep ratio down as much as possible
- Clubbers not bringing their books.
- Bonus Points
- Extra points for sections signed or initialed by parents
- Train the clubbers to carry their handbooks and Bibles
- Clubbers unprepared and not motivated.
- Experiment- Special outings—- Be creative.
- Clubbers finishing their books before the end of the year.
- Lack of discipline in handbook time.
- Be tough—Everybody does Handbook work in handbook time.
WAYS TO HELP YOUR CLUBBERS
- Start by praying.
- Remember the key words.
- Break verses into phrases.
- Visuals- write the verse out—say together
- Erase on word then two
- Make fill in the blank sheets.
- Visualize verses and remove words one at a time.
- Outings: To motivate—To help with handbook work – To build relationships.
- Tape recorder or CD
- For the challenged clubber, show how they can use CD to learn verses