As this year comes to a close, it is not time to “mothball” the program, but to plan for next year. Here are a few things you should be doing now to prepare for next year.
- Make sure records are up to date
- Look at the schedule for the 2011-2012 year – what days will you meet
- Talk to the leaders of VBS, camp, and any other major summer kids programs you have to help them promote and have them promote for you for the fall (ministries working together)
- Ask leaders and parents to evaluate the year to help make “tweaks” for next year
- See which leaders plan to return next year
- Begin recruiting, and encourage other leaders to share about Awana with others
- Take an inventory of supplies
What other items would you suggest?
Don’t let the vision of Awana get lost through the course of summer vacations and activities. Continue to work with other ministries as you plan for the 2011-12 Awana year.