When I got my tablet (Motorola Xoom, competition to the iPad), I was disappointed in the available resources for children’s ministry. Yes, Awana had the Gospel app, the only real app to share the gospel with others, but I thought there might be other resources to share God with children. (If you know of any, let me know). Awana has come through again.
Awana has made Sparky Shines His Light into a mobile app for universal iOS, Android, Nook Color and the Kindle Fire. It is being released today and is going to be $1.99 but will be on sale at $.99 till after Christmas. Here is a brief description:
- Fun interactive storybook
- Teaches the value of thankfulness
- Available in English and Spanish
Children ages 2 and up will learn the importance of gratitude in this brilliantly illustrated adventure. They’ll have loads of fun searching for surprises and hidden facts throughout the story.
- Use the “Read to Me” option to let a friendly voice entertain your child.
- Choose the “Read Alone” function to read the story without narration.
- Tap on characters to hear them speak.
- Includes extras and a coupon code for Sparky print books.
Children are using technology more and more, and instead of carrying several books around, parents are now using eBooks. Imagine children learning about gratitude and reading this book on one of several electronic devices.
I have not seen it yet, I will be purchasing it today and looking at it. I will post a review and some videos later today. Check the various markets to download it today and let me know what you think.
I am excited that Awana is striving to keep up with technology as they seek to reach children to come to know, love and serve Jesus.